What constitutes this project?
A couple of software written in AGPL-3 license:
- librevent, initially based on facebook.tracking.exposed this repository contains the browser extension (for Firefox, for Chrome), and the current backend build with
- mobilizon-poster a nodejs package to interact with mobilizone.
Projects close to us and complementary
- mobilize.berlin the mobilizone instance where this tool has been developed for.
- mobilizon-reshare a python toolkit to repost material shared on mobilzone.
- Tracking Exposed expose influential algorithms, develop technology and analysis methodologies, to increase knowledge of the problem that big tech is.
What lead us here?
- Initially this tool was developed to support a journalistic/artistic product aimed at talking about your digital rights, the documentary DISAPPEAR.
- The need to explore new ways to counter surveillance capitalism.
- The proximity to many people in our target audience who daily perceive how negative the current social media ecosystem is, but feel trapped by the monopoly effect.
- Finally, current democratic institutions do not regulate the interoperability of social media (…But, you know, code is law ;)
daline at libr dot events